The Tamil Nadu e-Governance Agency (TNeGA) is an organization in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu that is responsible for promoting and implementing e-governance initiatives. E-governance refers to the use of information technology and digital tools to enhance the efficiency, transparency, and accessibility of government services to the citizens. TNeGA plays a crucial role in advancing the digital transformation of government processes and services in Tamil Nadu.
Features of TNeGA Portal
The TNeGA portal in Tamil Nadu, India, functions as a platform for many e-governance efforts inside the state. The characteristics of the TNeGA portal may have undergone modifications since that time, but, the following are few prevalent attributes that one may encounter on such a site:
User-Friendly Interface: The portal exhibits a user-friendly interface that is intentionally crafted to ensure accessibility for both residents and government authorities.
Online Services: TNeGA provides a variety of online services that are accessible to residents through its dedicated portal. These services encompass the process of submitting applications for a range of governmental certificates, licenses, permits, and other related documents.
Single Sign-On (SSO): Single Sign-On (SSO) is a potential feature that could be implemented in the portal to improve user convenience. This feature would enable users to access numerous government services using a unified set of login credentials.
Service Information: The portal offers comprehensive information regarding the diverse range of governmental services accessible, encompassing criteria for eligibility, necessary documentation, and associated fees.
Online Payments: Users frequently have the ability to engage in online payment transactions for various services by utilizing secure payment gateways that are seamlessly integrated within the portal. This encompasses charges for certifications, taxes, and additional governmental obligations.
Application Tracking: The platform enables citizens to monitor the progress of their submitted applications through application tracking. This feature facilitates the dissemination of information to users regarding the status and advancement of their submitted requests.
Digital Certificates: The portal has the potential to provide digitally signed certifications, so guaranteeing the authenticity and validity of government-issued papers.
Feedback and Grievance Redressal: A method may be established to enable users to submit feedback or raise issues pertaining to the services rendered via the portal.
E-Forms: E-Forms enable users to conveniently access and download a range of electronic forms necessary for government transactions, thereby minimizing the reliance on traditional paper-based documentation.
News and Updates: The portal frequently disseminates news and updates pertaining to governmental policies, programs, and announcements.
Accessibility: In order to promote inclusivity, measures can be taken to enhance the accessibility of the portal for individuals with disabilities. This can be achieved by the implementation of tools such as screen readers and text-to-speech functionality.
Language Options: In order to accommodate the varied demographic, the site has the capability to offer support for several languages, hence ensuring accessibility for users who may prefer languages other than English.
Mobile Compatibility: Numerous e-governance portals, such as TNeGA, prioritize the accessibility of their services via mobile devices, employing either responsive design techniques or dedicated mobile applications.
Security and Privacy: The use of robust security measures is commonly employed to safeguard user data and uphold the confidentiality of transactions.
Integration with Other Departments: The portal has the potential to facilitate integration with several government departments, thereby providing residents with a comprehensive platform that offers a wide range of services and information.
Services Offered Under eSevai Centers
The below listed are the Revenue Department Services offered under the e-Sevai Centers.
- Residence certificate
- Certificate for Loss of Educational Records due to disasters
- Deserted Woman Certificate
- Small / Marginal Farmer Certificate
- Legal Heir Certificate
- No Male Child Certificate
- Solvency Certificate
- Unmarried Certificate
- Widow Certificate
- Community certificate
- Unemployment Certificate
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) Certificate
- Agricultural Income Certificate
- Income Certificate
- First Graduate Certificate
- Nativity certificate
Online Certificate Services offered by TNeGA
- Income Certificate: For proving one’s income for various purposes.
- Community (Caste) Certificate: Required for availing government benefits and reservations.
- Domicile Certificate: To establish residency in Tamil Nadu.
- Birth Certificate: For registering births and obtaining a legal proof of birth.
- Death Certificate: For registering deaths and obtaining a legal proof of death.
- Marriage Certificate: Issued for legal recognition of marriages.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC): Often required for passport applications.
- Legal Heir Certificate: For establishing legal heirship after a family member’s demise.
- Non-Encumbrance Certificate: Confirms that a property is free from legal liabilities.
- Residence Certificate: Establishes an individual’s residential status in a particular area.
Objective of the e-District Tamil Nadu
The objective of the e-District Tamil Nadu initiative is to provide citizens with a platform to access and avail various government services online. This application enables individuals to submit applications, make payments, check the progress of their requests, and obtain the desired services through authorized LMK/Department centers, government offices, or counters.
Procedure to Apply for Services
To apply for services through the E-District project in Tamil Nadu or similar e-governance initiatives, you can follow a general procedure, which may vary slightly depending on the specific service you are seeking. Here are the typical steps:
- Create an Account:
- Visit the official E-District portal of Tamil Nadu or the relevant e-governance website.
- Register for an account if you do not have one. You will usually need a valid mobile number and email address for registration.
- Log in to your account using your credentials.
- Service Selection:
- Browse or search for the specific government service you require. Different services may be categorized under various departments or ministries.
- Fill Out Application Form:
- Select the service you want to apply for and fill out the online application form. Provide accurate information and upload any necessary documents.
- Payment (if applicable):
- If there are fees associated with the service, make the payment online using the available payment options. Save the payment receipt for future reference.
- Submit Application:
- Review the information you have entered for accuracy.
- Submit the application. You will receive an application/reference number for tracking purposes.
- Track Application Status:
- Use the application/reference number to track the status of your application. This information is usually available on the portal.
- Verification and Processing:
- Government officials will verify the information and documents provided in your application.
- Approval or Rejection:
- You will receive notifications via email or SMS regarding the status of your application. It may be approved or rejected. If rejected, the reason for rejection is typically provided.
- Download Certificate (if approved):
- If your application is approved, you can download the digitally signed certificate or document from the portal.
- Feedback and Grievances:
- Most e-governance portals allow you to provide feedback on the service and raise grievances if you encounter any issues.
- Document Preservation:
- Keep copies of all documents, receipts, and certificates for your records.
- After completing your application, be sure to log out of your account for security.
It’s important to note that the specific steps and requirements may vary depending on the service and the department offering it. Additionally, not all services may be available online, and some may still require in-person visits to government offices.
Always refer to the official E-District portal of Tamil Nadu or the relevant e-governance website for the most up-to-date and accurate information on applying for government services.
LIC Building, Anna Salai, Chennai – 600 002.
Tel No : +91-44-40164907
Official Portal: https://tnega.tn.gov.in/