PICME (Pregnancy and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation) Registration is an initiative by the Tamil Nadu government with the primary objective of simplifying the process for pregnant women to access healthcare services and support during pregnancy and childbirth. It helps in providing healthcare services and support to pregnant women and newborns.
The key objectives of PICME registration include:
- Streamlined Registration: PICME aims to streamline the registration process for pregnant women, making it more accessible and user-friendly. It reduces the administrative burden on healthcare facilities and ensures that pregnant women receive timely care.
- Tracking and Monitoring: The system allows for the efficient tracking and monitoring of pregnant women throughout their pregnancy journey. This includes monitoring prenatal check-ups, vaccinations, and other essential healthcare services.
- Improved Healthcare Services: By registering through PICME, pregnant women can access a range of healthcare services, including antenatal care, postnatal care, immunizations, and nutrition support. This helps in ensuring the well-being of both the mother and the child.
- Reducing Maternal and Infant Mortality: PICME plays a crucial role in reducing maternal and infant mortality rates by ensuring that pregnant women receive proper medical attention, advice, and care. Timely interventions can prevent complications and improve health outcomes.
- Efficient Data Management: The system facilitates efficient data management by maintaining a comprehensive database of pregnant women and infants. This data can be used for research, policy planning, and healthcare program evaluation.
- Promoting Safe Childbirth Practices: PICME promotes safe childbirth practices by encouraging institutional deliveries and discouraging home deliveries without proper medical supervision. This helps reduce the risk of complications during childbirth.
- Empowering Pregnant Women: PICME empowers pregnant women by providing them with information and resources related to pregnancy and childbirth. It enables them to make informed decisions about their healthcare.
- Preventing Health Disparities: The system aims to bridge healthcare disparities by ensuring that all pregnant women, regardless of their socio-economic background, have access to essential healthcare services.
- Enhancing Healthcare Accessibility: Through PICME, pregnant women can easily access healthcare services at government and private healthcare facilities. This promotes healthcare equity and ensures that no woman is left behind in receiving healthcare during pregnancy.
Overall, PICME registration is a significant step towards improving maternal and child health outcomes in Tamil Nadu by making healthcare services more accessible, efficient, and supportive for pregnant women and newborns.
PICME Tamil Nadu Registration Details
|Full Name||Pregnancy and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation|
|Introduced by||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Objective||The welfare of Expectant mothers|
If you are looking to PICME for PICME, here are the general steps you can follow:
- Visit the Official Website: Start by visiting the official website of the PICME system in your respective state. Each state may have its own PICME portal, so make sure you are on the correct website.
- Find the Registration Section: Look for the “Registration” or “New Registration” section on the website’s homepage. It is usually prominently displayed for easy access.
- Provide Personal Information: You will be required to provide personal information such as your name, contact details, address, date of birth, and other relevant details.
- Pregnancy Details: Enter information about your pregnancy, including the expected delivery date, previous pregnancies (if any), and other related information.
- Health Information: You may need to provide information about your health, any existing medical conditions, and any medications you are taking.
- Upload Documents: The system may ask you to upload relevant documents, such as proof of identity, proof of residence, and medical certificates.
- Submit the Application: Double-check all the information you have provided, and if everything is accurate, submit the application.
- Acknowledgment: After successful registration, you will likely receive an acknowledgment or reference number. Keep this number safe, as it may be required for future reference.
- Follow-up: Depending on the state’s procedures, you may receive further instructions or appointments for healthcare check-ups and support during your pregnancy.
Benefits of PICME Registration for Pregnant Women:
- Government Monitoring and Support: PICME Registration allows the government to closely monitor and address the needs and challenges faced by pregnant women in the state through an efficient online pregnancy registration program.
- Access to Healthcare Facilities: Pregnant women gain convenient access to local clinics, hospitals, and public health institutions, ensuring they receive timely medical care and support.
- Safety and Well-being: Registered expectant mothers benefit from regular monitoring by local nurses, ensuring the safety and well-being of both the mother and the child throughout pregnancy.
- Financial Assistance: PICME registration offers pregnant women additional advantages, including access to financial assistance and a smoother process for accessing medical services.
- Reproductive and Child Health ID: Enrolling in the PICME program provides women with an RCH ID (Reproductive and Child Health ID), which simplifies the process of obtaining a birth certificate in Tennessee, streamlining administrative procedures.
- Monitoring Maternal and Infant Mortality: The PICME website actively tracks infant and maternal mortality rates in Tennessee, contributing to better healthcare planning and intervention strategies.
- Late Registration: Even if a person didn’t register during the early stages of pregnancy, they can still enroll after the baby is delivered. This ensures continuity of care and support for subsequent pregnancies, using the same registration method.
By taking advantage of PICME Registration, pregnant women can access vital healthcare services, financial assistance, and monitoring, ultimately enhancing the overall well-being of both mother and child, while also simplifying administrative processes such as obtaining a birth certificate.
Pre-Registration of Pregnancy in Tamil Nadu:
A Convenient Option for Expectant Mothers
The Tamil Nadu government has introduced a mandatory pre-registration system for all pregnancies, aimed at making the process more convenient for expectant mothers. This initiative offers various options for pregnant women to initiate the registration process. Here are the four ways to pre-register for pregnancy:
1. Online Self-Registration: Expectant mothers can take the initiative by self-registering online. They can visit https://picme.tn.gov.in/picme public and complete the necessary information. Upon successful completion, an acknowledgment with a unique Pre-registration ID is generated.
2. Government Hospitals: Pregnant women have the option to pre-register at the nearest government hospital, where they can receive assistance and support in the registration process.
3. e-Seva Centres: Another accessible avenue is through e-Seva centers. Expecting mothers can visit their nearest e-Seva center and pre-register free of charge, making the process easy and widely available.
4. Call Centre (102): Pregnant women can also choose to pre-register by simply calling the toll-free number 102 at the designated call center, providing a hassle-free way to begin the registration process.
Upon successful pre-registration, an SMS notification will be sent to the registered mobile phone. Subsequently, the responsible Village Health Nurse or Urban Health Nurse will receive the pre-registration information and initiate contact with the mother to complete the child’s registration process. As a result of this registration, the mother will be issued an RCH ID, streamlining administrative procedures and ensuring proper care and support throughout the pregnancy journey. This comprehensive pre-registration system in Tamil Nadu is designed to enhance the overall experience for expectant mothers and promote maternal and child health.
Eligibility Criteria for Tamil Nadu PICME Registration:
To register for PICME in Tamil Nadu, individuals must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Residency: Applicants must be residents of the state of Tamil Nadu. This registration is specifically for residents of Tamil Nadu.
- Pregnancy: The applicant must be a pregnant woman. PICME registration is designed to provide support and healthcare services to expectant mothers in the state.
Meeting these two criteria ensures that pregnant women residing in Tamil Nadu can access the benefits and services offered through the PICME registration system.
Conditions For Availing Of Maternity Benefit Scheme
|Instalment\Kind benefit||Conditions (as specified in the G.O Ms. 118, Health & FW dated: 2-4-2018)||Amount|
|1st Instalment||Prenatal Registration at or before 12 weeks||Rs 2000|
|1st Kind benefit||First Nutrition Kit (Kind Benefits) on completion of 3rd month||Rs 2000|
|2nd Instalment||After 4 months subject to conditions specified in G.O.||Rs 2000|
|2nd Kind benefit||2nd Nutrition Kit (Kind Benefit) on completion of 4th month||Rs 2000|
|3rd Instalment||After delivery in the government health centre||Rs 4000|
|4th Instalment||After completion of all 3 doses of OPV/Rota/Penta valent and 2|
doses of IPV.
|5th Instalment||After completion of the measles-rubella vaccination of the Infant between the 9th and 12th month.||Rs 2000|
Steps to Login on the PICME Portal:
- Visit the official PICME website.
- The homepage will load on your screen.
- Locate the User Login section.
- Enter your user ID, password, and the captcha code.
- Click on the Login button to access your registered account.
Documents Required for PICME Number Verification:
For the verification of your PICME Number, you will need the following documents:
- Aadhar card.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- Your husband’s Aadhar card for residential proof.
- Marriage certificate.
- Prescriptions from your gynecologist.
- Scans and other relevant medical reports.
- Records of your last three months’ transactions.
- Bank passbook.
Steps to Check the Status of PICME Number:
- Visit the official PICME website at https://picme.tn.gov.in/.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- Click on the “Pre-registration by Public” link.
- A new page will open.
- Now, click on the “Application ID status” tab.
- Another page will appear.
- Enter your Application ID.
- Click on the “Submit” button to check the status of your PICME Number.
If you have any further queries related to the PICME Number, you can contact using the following details:
Address: Directorate of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, 359, Anna Salai, DMS Complex, Teynampet, Chennai–600006.
Call-Centre Number: 102.
Email Id: email@example.com.
Feel free to reach out for assistance or clarification regarding your PICME registration and related matters.
FAQs – PICME (Pregnancy and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation) program:
Q1: What is PICME?
A1: PICME stands for Pregnancy and Infant Cohort Monitoring and Evaluation. It is a program initiated by the government to monitor and provide support to pregnant women and infants in Tamil Nadu, India.
Q2: Who is eligible for PICME registration?
A2: Pregnant women who are residents of Tamil Nadu are eligible for PICME registration.
Q3: How can I register for PICME?
A3: You can register for PICME through various methods, including online self-registration, at government hospitals, through e-Seva centers, or by calling the toll-free number 102. Follow the specified steps for each method.
Q4: What documents are required for PICME registration?
A4: Documents required for PICME registration may include your Aadhar card, two passport-size photographs, your husband’s Aadhar card for residential proof, marriage certificate, prescriptions from a gynecologist, medical reports, records of your last three months’ transactions, and your bank passbook.
Q5: What is the purpose of PICME registration?
A5: PICME registration is designed to ensure the well-being of pregnant women and infants by providing access to healthcare services, financial assistance, and monitoring throughout pregnancy and childbirth.
Q6: How do I check the status of my PICME Number?
A6: You can check the status of your PICME Number by visiting the official PICME website, clicking on “Pre-registration by Public,” then selecting the “Application ID status” tab. Enter your Application ID and click “Submit” to check the status.
Q7: What is the contact information for PICME-related queries?
A7: For any queries related to PICME, you can contact:
- Address: Directorate of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, 359, Anna Salai, DMS Complex, Teynampet, Chennai–600006.
- Call-Centre Number: 102.
- Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org.