Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG )@pmayg.nic.in is a flagship government initiative with the goal of providing accessible housing to the rural poor in India. This program aims to replace makeshift dwellings with permanent, well-equipped houses, complete with proper kitchen facilities. It is a significant step in the direction of achieving the broader objective of “Housing for All.”
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) is aimed at providing affordable housing to the rural poor in India. Originally launched as the “Indira Awaas Yojana” in 1985, it was revamped and relaunched as PMAYG in 2016 as part of the “Housing for All by 2022” initiative. The scheme has been extended until 2024 to benefit millions of rural dwellers.
Aim and Objectives:
PMAY-G’s overarching objective is to provide a pucca house with essential amenities to all houseless households and those residing in kutcha or dilapidated houses in rural areas by 2024. In its initial phase from 2016-17 to 2018-19, the immediate aim was to cover 1.00 Crore households, enabling them to construct quality houses using local materials, designs, and trained masons. Additionally, the scheme promotes a habitat approach through convergence to transform mere houses into welcoming homes for rural families.
- Pucca Houses: PMAYG aims to provide 2.95 crore pucca houses in rural India, with all basic amenities, including water, sanitation, and electricity. Phase 1 (2016-17 to 2018-19) targeted 1 crore houses, and Phase 2 (2019-20 to 2021-22) aims for 1.95 crore houses.
- Monetary Assistance: Beneficiaries receive financial assistance of up to Rs 1.2 lakhs in plain areas and Rs 1.3 lakhs in hilly areas, North-East states, and certain other regions.
- Cost Sharing: The cost is shared between the Central and State governments, with a 60:40 ratio in most states. However, in some states and UTs, it’s 90:10.
- Toilet Assistance: Each beneficiary also receives Rs 12,000 for toilet construction under the Swachh Bharat Mission.
- Employment Benefits: Beneficiaries are provided with 90-95 days of employment under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme.
- Housing Unit Size: The houses must have a minimum area of 25 sq.m.
- Special Borrowing Facility: Beneficiaries can avail of a home loan of up to Rs 70,000 from authorized financial institutions.
- Housing Typologies: Multiple house design options are available based on topography, climate, culture, and local practices.
- Housing for the Homeless: PMAY-G is committed to ensuring every homeless household in rural India has a pucca house. It also extends its support to households dwelling in substandard kutcha structures. These houses come with a minimum size of 25 sq m, which includes a dedicated area for hygienic cooking.
- Remarkable Progress: As of September 27, 2022, an impressive 2.00 crore houses have been constructed out of the total target of 2.72 crores, underscoring the substantial impact of PMAY-G in transforming rural housing.
- Beneficiary Selection: The identification of beneficiaries is meticulously carried out using parameters established by the Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC). Gram Sabhas play a pivotal role in the verification process, ensuring that the aid reaches those in genuine need.
- Direct Benefit Transfer: To enhance transparency and expedite assistance, the funds are directly transferred to the Aadhaar-Linked Bank Account or Post-Office Account of the beneficiary.
- Extended Mission: Recognizing the significance of PMAY-G, the government has extended its duration for another two years, until March 31, 2024, reaffirming its commitment to providing rural households with secure and dignified shelter.
To be eligible for PMAYG, individuals or families must meet the following criteria:
- They should not own a pucca house anywhere in India.
- They may have one or two-room kutcha houses with mud walls and roofs.
- Families belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs), Scheduled Tribes (STs), and minorities are eligible.
- The Kisan Credit Card (KCC) limit must be below Rs 50,000.
- No family member should be a government employee earning more than Rs 10,000 per month.
- The family should consist of a spouse and unmarried children.
- Applicants or family members must not be professional taxpayers.
- The household should not own a two-wheeler, three-wheeler, four-wheeler, refrigerator, or landline.
How to Check FTO Summary Report:
Tracking Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) Fund Transfer Orders (FTO) Made Easy
The Fund Transfer Order (FTO) is an essential tool in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) regime, allowing both users and authorities to monitor fund transfers seamlessly.
To access the detailed FTO report, which includes information about generated, signed, and verified FTO numbers across all states in India, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the official website for rural housing reporting provided by the Government of India at https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/EFMSReport/FTOTransactionSummary.aspx.
- On the website, you will find two options to view the PMAYG FTO report:
- Generated Financial Year
- Sanctioned Financial Year
Choose one of the options that suits your needs.
- Select the financial year from the drop-down menu. The state-wise FTO report will then be displayed on the screen.
This comprehensive report will provide details such as FTOs that have been generated, verified, signed, and those that are pending.
Additionally, the report is organized state-wise. By clicking on the name of a state, you can access a list of districts with similar parameters. Further, if you click on a district name, you will be able to see the report broken down block-wise.
This user-friendly process ensures transparency and accessibility when tracking the status of fund transfers within the PMAYG scheme, making it easier for both users and authorities to monitor progress effectively.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) Application:
To apply for the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG), you will need the following essential documents:
- Aadhaar Number: Provide your Aadhaar number along with a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card. In case the beneficiary is unable to read and write, obtain a consent letter along with the beneficiary’s thumbprint.
- MGNREGA Job Card: You should possess a valid job beneficiary card registered with the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA).
- Bank Account Details: Include both original and duplicate copies of your bank account details.
- Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) Number: You will need your Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) number.
- An affidavit: Stating that you (or your family members) do not own a pucca house
How to Apply/Register/Add a PMAYG Beneficiary
If you are a qualified individual who has not yet been included in the PMAYG database, follow these steps to add a new beneficiary:
- Visit the official PMAY-G https://pmayg.nic.in/. website and log in.
- Complete all the personal details fields, including gender, Aadhaar number, mobile number, and other relevant information.
- Upload the consent letter for using Aadhaar data in its entirety.
- A ‘search’ button will become visible. Click on it to retrieve beneficiary details and check if the case holds any priority.
- Proceed to click on ‘Register.’
- The beneficiary’s details will automatically populate. Ensure that the provided information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Fill in the remaining fields, including Aadhaar details, nomination details, bank account information, etc.
- If the beneficiary wishes to apply for a loan under this scheme, they can click on ‘Yes’ and specify the loan amount required.
- Finally, upload SBM and MGNREGS details to complete the process.
Beneficiary Selection for PMAYG:
The government employs a systematic method to choose beneficiaries for the PMAYG program. Here’s how it works:
- The Socio-Economic Caste Census of 2011 (SECC) is used to compile a roster of potential beneficiaries.
- These potential beneficiaries are categorized based on priority.
- The list is submitted to Gram Sabhas for validation.
- After verification, a definitive beneficiary list is compiled and made public.
- Annual beneficiary lists are generated for program implementation.
Does Gram Sabha verify PMAY Gramin Priority List?
Yes, after the priority list is generated, it is made available to the Gram Sabha for verification. The Gram Sabha checks the facts on the basis of which a household has been identified as eligible. If the Gram Sabha finds out that the provided facts were incorrect, it has the authority to remove the name of that household from the list.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin @ pmay g nic.in?
- Visit the official website of PMAY-G at https://pmayg.nic.in/.
- Fill in the required details, including your Aadhar card number, and click on ‘Search’ to find the beneficiary name.
- Once you find the name, click on ‘Select to Register’.
- Verify your auto-filled details and add the remaining information.
- Provide consent form, bank account details, MGNREGA number, and Swachh Bharat Mission number.
- Your registration number will be generated.
How to Find Your Name in PMAY Gramin Beneficiary List?
- Visit the PMAY Gramin beneficiary list website (pmay g nic in).
- Enter your registration number.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to view the status.
How to Check the PMAY Gramin Application Status 2023?
- Login to the official website of PMAYG at https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/home.aspx (pmay g nic.in 2022).
- On the homepage, click on the ‘Awaasoft’ Tab.
- Under this tab, Click on the ‘FTO Tracking’ option.
- Enter the FTO number or PFMS Id and Captcha Code. Click on the submit button.
How to Edit PMAY Gramin 2022 Details After Application Submission?
- Go to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website (pmay g nic.in).
- Enter your Aadhar details or application reference number to fetch the application details.
- Click the ‘Edit’ button on the screen.
- You can go ahead and edit your details in the next window.
How to Search Beneficiary Status Using the Registration Number?
- Go to the official website of PMAYG (Pmayg nic in 2022).
- On the homepage, click on the Stakeholders tab.
- Click on the “IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary” under this.
- Enter the ‘registration Number’ in the provided field and click the Submit button. The status will be displayed on the screen.
How to Get SECC Family Member Details on the PMAY Gramin Portal?
- Go to the official website of PMAYG (Pmayg nic in 2022).
- On the homepage, click the ‘Stakeholder’ tab.
- Under this, choose SECC Family Member Details.
- On the next window, choose the state and enter the 7-digit unique PMAY ID.
- Click on the ’Get Family Member Details’ button. The details will be displayed on the screen.
Exclusions in PMAY Gramin:
In the Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG) scheme, certain exclusion criteria are applied to identify eligible beneficiaries. Here are the exclusion steps and criteria:
Step 1: Exclusion of Pucca Houses
- All households living in houses with pucca roofs and/or pucca walls and households living in houses with more than 2 rooms are filtered out. This means that households with well-constructed houses are excluded from the scheme.
Step 2: Automatic Exclusion
- From the remaining set of households, automatic exclusion is applied based on specific parameters.
Households fulfilling any one of the following 13 parameters are automatically excluded:
- Ownership of a motorised two/three/four-wheeler or fishing boat.
- Possession of mechanised three/four-wheeler agricultural equipment.
- Holding a Kisan Credit Card with a credit limit of Rs. 50,000 or above.
- Any member of the household being a Government employee.
- Households with non-agricultural enterprises registered with the Government.
- Any family member earning more than Rs. 10,000 per month.
- Paying income tax.
- Paying professional tax.
- Ownership of a refrigerator.
- Ownership of a landline phone.
- Ownership of 2.5 acres or more of irrigated land with at least one irrigation equipment.
- Ownership of 5 acres or more of irrigated land for two or more crop seasons.
- Ownership of at least 7.5 acres of land or more with at least one irrigation equipment.
PMAY Gramin 2023 Contact Details
If you have any suggestions or encounter issues with the PMAY-G website (pmay g nic in), you can contact the support team using the following details to address your queries:
Toll-Free Helpline Numbers of PM Awas Yojana 2022:
Email Addresses for PM Awas Yojana 2022:
You can find state-wise lists of contact numbers and email addresses on the official website of PMAY Gramin.
PMAY Gramin– FAQs
1.What is PMAYG, and who is eligible to apply for it?
- PMAYG is a government housing scheme aimed at providing pucca houses to rural households in India. Eligible beneficiaries include those who are homeless or living in kutcha or dilapidated houses. The eligibility is determined based on parameters like income, housing conditions, and social categories.
2.How can I apply for PMAYG?
- Beneficiaries are selected automatically based on the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data. If you’re eligible, you don’t need to apply separately. However, you can visit the PMAYG website to check your eligibility and application status.
3.What are the key documents required to avail PMAYG benefits?
- The necessary documents include your Aadhaar number and a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card, bank account details, Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) number, and consent to use Aadhaar information. An affidavit stating that you don’t own a pucca house is also required.
4.How can I check the status of my PMAYG application?
- You can check your application status on the official PMAYG website. Visit the website, click on “FTO Tracking” under the “Awaassoft” section, and provide your Fund Transfer Order (FTO) number or Public Finance Management System (PFMS) ID.
5.What is the role of Gram Sabha in PMAYG?
- The Gram Sabha verifies the priority list of beneficiaries generated through SECC data. If it finds discrepancies or incorrect information, it has the authority to remove a household from the list. The Gram Sabha plays a crucial role in ensuring that the benefits reach the right beneficiaries.