The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a flagship initiative by the Government of India aimed at providing financial support to farmers across the country. This scheme, launched in 2019, has since played a pivotal role in improving the lives of millions of farmers and ensuring their economic well-being. In this article, we will delve into the key aspects, benefits, and significance of the PM-KISAN scheme.
Key Features of PM-KISAN:
- Direct Income Support: PM-KISAN offers direct income support of INR 6,000 annually to eligible farmers. This financial assistance is provided in three equal installments of INR 2,000 each, credited directly to the beneficiaries’ bank accounts.
- Eligibility Criteria: Small and marginal farmers with landholding of up to 2 hectares are eligible to benefit from the scheme. It covers farmers from all states and union territories of India.
- Aadhaar-Linked Database: The scheme relies on an Aadhaar-linked database to ensure transparency and prevent duplications, thereby reaching the intended beneficiaries effectively.
- Online Application: Farmers can apply for PM-KISAN through an online portal, making the application process convenient and accessible.
- Improving Financial Inclusion: PM-KISAN has played a pivotal role in promoting financial inclusion among farmers by encouraging them to open bank accounts and enabling direct fund transfers.
Benefits of PM-KISAN:
- Economic Empowerment: PM-KISAN provides much-needed financial assistance to farmers, helping them meet their agricultural expenses and improve their livelihoods.
- Boosting Agricultural Productivity: With additional financial resources, farmers can invest in better seeds, equipment, and farming practices, ultimately leading to increased agricultural productivity.
- Reducing Indebtedness: The scheme assists farmers in reducing their dependence on informal sources of credit, thus mitigating the cycle of debt.
- Ensuring Food Security: By supporting farmers, PM-KISAN contributes to food security by maintaining a stable agricultural sector.
- Alleviating Rural Distress: The financial support provided through PM-KISAN serves as a safety net during times of agricultural distress, safeguarding farmers’ well-being.
Eligibility Criteria for PM-KISAN:
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme is a vital support system for farmers across India. To benefit from this initiative, farmers and their families must meet specific eligibility criteria:
1. Small and Marginal Farmers: Small and marginal farmers constitute the primary beneficiaries of PM-KISAN. These hardworking individuals, who till the land, form the backbone of Indian agriculture.
2. Cultivable Land Ownership: Farmer families holding cultivable land are eligible for the benefits of this scheme. This criterion ensures that those actively engaged in agriculture receive the necessary support.
3. Indian Citizenship: Beneficiaries under PM-KISAN must be Indian citizens. This requirement safeguards the scheme’s resources for the nation’s farmers.
4. Rural and Urban Inclusion: Another noteworthy aspect of PM-KISAN is its inclusivity. It extends its reach to both rural and urban areas, ensuring that farmers across various regions can avail of its benefits.
How to Register for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana:
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) offers crucial financial assistance to eligible farmers across India. To become a beneficiary of this scheme and receive its benefits, follow these steps for registration:
1. Contact State Government Nodal Officers:
- Each state government appoints PM-KISAN nodal officers. Farmers can approach these officers to initiate the registration process.
2. Visit Local Revenue Officers:
- Eligible farmers can also register for PM-KISAN by contacting local patwaris or revenue officers in their area.
3. Enroll through Common Service Centres (CSCs):
- Common Service Centres (CSCs) offer registration services for PM-KISAN. However, there may be a nominal fee associated with this option.
4. Online Registration:
- Farmers can conveniently self-register for PM-KISAN through the official PM-KISAN portal. Here’s how to do it:
a. Visit the PM-KISAN official website. b. Navigate to the “Farmer’s Corner” section. c. Click on “New Farmer Registration.”
5. Checking Registration Status:
- For those who self-register or enroll via a CSC, it’s essential to check the status of their PM-KISAN registration. Follow these steps:
a. Visit the PM-KISAN portal. b. Under “Farmer’s Corner,” select “Status of Self-registered/CSC farmers.”
Documents Required for Registration:
When registering as a beneficiary for PM-KISAN, be prepared to provide the following documents:
- 1. Aadhaar Card: Submit a copy of your Aadhaar card, which serves as a crucial identification document.
- 2. Proof of Citizenship: Provide documents verifying your Indian citizenship.
- 3. Land Ownership Documents: Furnish evidence that substantiates your ownership of agricultural land.
- 4. Bank Account Details: Share information about your bank account, including the account number and IFSC code.
Online Registration Process:
Here is a detailed guide for registering online for PM-KISAN:
- Visit the official PM-KISAN website https://pmkisan.gov.in/
- Navigate to the “Farmer’s Corner” section.
- Click on “New Farmer Registration.”
- Enter your Aadhaar number and image text.
- Click on “Click here to continue.”
- Verify your Aadhaar details.
- Fill in your personal and land details as required.
- Provide accurate bank account details, including the IFSC code.
- Upload scanned copies of the necessary documents.
- Review the information for accuracy.
- Click on “Submit.”
Completing this online registration process ensures that you are well on your way to becoming a beneficiary of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. Remember to keep your documents ready to expedite the registration process.
Exclusions from PM-KISAN:
While PM-KISAN strives to include as many deserving farmers as possible, certain categories of individuals are excluded from its beneficiary list. These exclusions aim to maintain the scheme’s integrity and focus on its intended beneficiaries:
1. Institutional Landholders: Any farmer classified as an institutional landholder is ineligible for PM-KISAN. The scheme primarily targets individual farmers who rely on agriculture for their livelihood.
2. Government and Constitutional Posts: Individuals holding or having held specific government or constitutional posts, as well as those serving in government departments or agencies, are excluded from PM-KISAN. This ensures that the scheme benefits those who truly depend on farming.
3. Income Tax Filers: Farmers who filed income tax returns in the previous Assessment Year (AY) or their families are ineligible for PM-KISAN. This criterion helps direct the assistance to those with limited income sources.
4. Pensioners: Individuals and families with retirees or superannuated members receiving pensions of Rs.10,000 or more per month are not covered by the scheme. However, exceptions exist for specific categories of pensioners.
5. Professionals: Families with professionals like doctors, engineers, chartered accountants, lawyers, and architects professionally engaged in their respective fields are also excluded. This ensures that the scheme targets those primarily dependent on agriculture.
About PM Kisan Beneficiary List:
The PM-KISAN beneficiary list can be accessed exclusively through the official website pmkisan.gov.in. This initiative by the Government of India provides substantial support to small and marginal farmers, offering them ₹6000 annually in three installments with a four-month gap. Only those farmers whose names appear on the Beneficiary List of the PM Kisan Scheme receive these benefits.
How to Check PM Kisan Beneficiary List and Ensure Inclusion:
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana (PM-KISAN) provides invaluable financial support to farmers across India. To confirm your inclusion in the PM-KISAN beneficiary list and ensure you receive its benefits, follow these steps:
Checking PM Kisan Beneficiary List:
- Visit the official PM Kisan Scheme’s website at pmkisan.gov.in.
- Look for the “Farmers Corner” section on the website’s homepage and click on it.
- Choose “Beneficiary List” to be redirected to another webpage.
- Select your State, District, Sub-district, Block, and Village from the dropdown menus.
- Click the “Get Report” button.
Following these steps will allow you to check whether your name is on the PM Kisan Beneficiary List, ensuring your eligibility for the PM-KISAN scheme.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the 14th installment of the PM-KISAN scheme on July 27, 2023. The next installment is anticipated to be released on the auspicious occasion of Diwali. To receive the 15th installment, it’s essential that your name is on the beneficiary list.
What if Your Name Isn’t on the PM Kisan Beneficiary List?
If your name is missing from the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi beneficiary list, check the status of your e-KYC (Know Your Customer). Incomplete e-KYC can prevent you from receiving the 15th installment expected during Diwali 2023. Ensure your application status reflects approval for inclusion.
How to Add Your Name to the PM Kisan Beneficiary List:
To include your name in the PM-KISAN beneficiary list, follow these steps:
- Register: If you haven’t registered for the PM-KISAN scheme before, you can register through the PM Kisan portal or visit the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) for registration.
- e-KYC: Ensure your e-KYC is complete, either through the PM Kisan website or at a nearby CSC. An active mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card is necessary for this process.
Completing these steps ensures your inclusion in the PM-KISAN beneficiary list, allowing you to receive ₹6000 annually in three installments. This valuable scheme aims to support farmers and enhance their financial stability.
FAQs – Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi
Q: What is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme?
A: PM-KISAN is a government initiative aimed at providing direct income support to small and marginal farmers in India. Under this scheme, eligible farmers receive financial assistance of ₹6000 annually in three equal installments.
Q: Who is eligible to benefit from the PM-KISAN scheme?
A: Small and marginal farmers with cultivable land are eligible for the PM-KISAN scheme. Additionally, beneficiaries must be Indian citizens.
Q: How is the financial assistance provided under PM-KISAN?
A: The financial assistance of ₹6000 per year is directly credited to the bank accounts of eligible farmers in three installments of ₹2000 each.
Q: Are there any exclusions from the PM-KISAN scheme?
A: Yes, certain categories of individuals are excluded from benefiting under PM-KISAN. This includes institutional landholders and individuals holding constitutional or government posts, among others.
Q: How can a farmer register for PM-KISAN?
A: Farmers can register for PM-KISAN through State government-nominated nodal officers, local revenue officers, or Common Service Centres (CSCs). Online registration can also be done through the PM-KISAN portal.
Q: What documents are required for PM-KISAN registration?
A: The documents required for PM-KISAN registration include Aadhaar card, proof of citizenship, land ownership documents, and details of the bank account.