The Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana is a pioneering initiative by the Uttar Pradesh Government to empower impoverished and rural families by creating diverse employment opportunities. This scheme offers a crucial safety net for families who face the unexpected loss of their primary breadwinner, providing financial relief during their time of need.
Family Head – The Mukhiya: In every household, there is a pivotal figure, the Mukhiya or family head, who shoulders the responsibilities and obligations for each family member. When this sole income earner tragically passes away, it is not just emotionally devastating but also financially daunting for the remaining family members.
Financial Impact of Losing a Breadwinner: The death of a family’s breadwinner can have a profound impact on their financial stability. It represents an unforeseen loss, inflicting both emotional and financial hardships on the family. The surviving members often find themselves burdened with multiple responsibilities and uncertain financial futures.
The Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana Solution: To address this critical issue, the Uttar Pradesh Government has introduced the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana. Under this scheme, the Social Welfare Department of Uttar Pradesh extends a much-needed lifeline by offering financial assistance of Rs. 30,000 in the unfortunate event of the Mukhiya’s demise.
Benefits for Rural and Urban Residents: The Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana is designed to benefit residents of Uttar Pradesh, regardless of whether they reside in rural or urban areas. The application process is streamlined and accessible through an online portal, ensuring that those in need can easily access the assistance they require.
Uttar Pradesh Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana
|Name of the scheme||Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana (RPL)|
|Launch date||1st January 2005|
|Launching authority||Government of Uttar Pradesh|
|Funding source||Central and state governments (60:40 ratio)|
|Beneficiaries||Families in poverty who experience a loss due to natural or accidental reasons.|
|Benefits||Families of the deceased will receive a one-time payment of Rs. 30,000.|
|Eligibility criteria||The scheme applies to individuals aged 18 to 60, families near the poverty line, and excludes suicides, murders, or riot-related deaths.|
|Application mode||Online or offline|
Benefits & Features of UP Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana:
The Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana is a pivotal social welfare initiative launched by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. Designed to provide crucial financial support to families in the below-poverty line (BPL) category who have lost their primary breadwinner, this scheme addresses the challenges faced due to natural or accidental causes.
Key Benefits :
- Prompt Financial Assistance: The yojana disburses a lump sum amount of Rs. 30,000 to eligible families within 45 days of the demise of the primary breadwinner.
- Inclusive Eligibility Criteria: The scheme encompasses the passing of any individual between the ages of 18 and 60, provided they were a resident of Uttar Pradesh and possessed a valid BPL card.
- Non-discriminatory Application Process: Without regard to caste, religion, gender, or other criteria, any family meeting the eligibility requirements is eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Efficient Implementation: Executed by the Department of Social Welfare in Uttar Pradesh, the National Family Benefits Scheme offers a seamless online application process. Applicants need to complete an online form and submit necessary documents such as the death certificate, BPL card, and bank account details.
- Stringent Monitoring and Verification: Oversight of the scheme lies with the District Magistrate and the Chief Development Officer of each district. Their role encompasses verifying applications and ensuring timely disbursement of funds.
Notable Features of Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana
- The Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana scheme boasts several noteworthy features, making it a significant social welfare initiative in Uttar Pradesh:
- Leadership by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath: This scheme is launched under the leadership of Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister, Shri Yogi Adityanath, demonstrating the government’s commitment to supporting vulnerable families.
- Administration by Social Welfare Department: The Social Welfare Department of Uttar Pradesh is responsible for processing and approving applications on a request basis, ensuring efficient implementation of the scheme.
- Enhanced Financial Aid: In a significant amendment in 2013, the Uttar Pradesh Government increased the financial aid provided by the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh scheme to a substantial amount of Rupees 30,000. This increase significantly benefits eligible families.
- Previous Assistance: Prior to the amendment, the राष्ट्रीय पारिवारिक लाभ योजना offered Rs. 20,000 to impoverished households, making the recent increase a substantial improvement.
- Inclusive Reach: The राष्ट्रीय पारिवारिक लाभ योजना is designed to provide financial assistance to both urban and rural poor households, ensuring that families in need across Uttar Pradesh can benefit from this vital support.
- Official Application Portal: The official website for applying for the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana is http://nfbs.upsdc.gov.in/, offering a convenient and accessible online platform for applicants.
The Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana represents a significant step toward providing financial security to vulnerable families and underscores the commitment of the Uttar Pradesh Government to uplift marginalized communities and create a more equitable society.
Eligibility Criteria for Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana:
- Residence Requirement: Only permanent urban and rural households within the state of Uttar Pradesh are eligible for the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana.
- Primary Bread Earner’s Demise: Financial aid is provided under this scheme only in the event of the death of the primary bread earner of the family. Other family member’s deaths do not qualify for application.
- Age of Deceased Head: The deceased family head must be between 18 to 60 years of age to be eligible.
- Income Criteria: To qualify, family members of the deceased head must be living below the poverty line. Annual earnings for urban households must not exceed Rs. 56,000, while rural households should not exceed Rs. 46,000.
- Prescribed Income Limit: The annual income of eligible urban and rural households must not surpass the limits set by the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana scheme.
- Bank Account Requirement: Eligible urban and rural poor households must have an active bank account as the financial assistance will be directly transferred to their accounts.
Meeting these eligibility criteria is essential for availing the benefits of the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana, ensuring that financial assistance reaches those who need it most.
Guidelines for the Scheme:
To be eligible for the scheme, applicants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All parts of the form must be filled out in English.
- National-level bank account details must be provided.
- Cooperative bank accounts are not accepted under the National Family Scheme.
- Only income certificates issued at the Tehsil level are considered valid.
- The information provided by the applicant is treated as true, and any errors are the responsibility of the applicant.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to upload photocopies of all essential documents while filling out the application form.
- Death certificates are valid only if issued by recognized hospitals, Nagar Panchayat, or Tehsil level authorities.
- The photo signature of the beneficiary should not exceed 20 KB and should be in JPEG format.
- Identity cards, bank passbooks, death certificates, and other documents in PDF format should not exceed 20 KB.
Adhering to these guidelines and providing the necessary documents is crucial to ensure eligibility for the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana.
To apply for the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana, the following documents must be submitted along with the application form:
- Applicant’s Aadhar Card
- Identity Card
- Address Proof
- Death Certificate of the Earne
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account Passbook
- Mobile Number
- Age Certificate of the Head
- Passport Size Photo
How to Apply for Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana:
- Visit the Official Website: Start by visiting the official website of the scheme at https://nfbs.upsdc.gov.in/.
- Access the Application Portal: On the homepage, locate and click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Registration: Register yourself by providing essential details like your mobile number and email ID. This step is crucial for creating your application account.
- Login: Log in with your newly created credentials. Once logged in, you will gain access to the online application form.
- Complete the Application Form: Fill out the online application form with the required information, including your name, address, bank account details, and other pertinent details.
- Document Upload: Upload scanned copies of the necessary documents, such as the death certificate, BPL card, Aadhaar card, and any other documents as specified.
- Submit Your Application: After carefully reviewing the information you’ve provided and ensuring that all required documents are uploaded, submit the application form.
- Note the Application Number: Once your application is successfully submitted, make sure to note down the application number provided for future reference and tracking.
Contact Details & Helpline for UP Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana:
For any inquiries or concerns regarding the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana, you can reach out to the following authorities:
- District Nodal Officers: Contact your District Magistrate or the Chief Development Officer in your district. They are responsible for the implementation and oversight of the scheme in their respective districts. You can find their contact details on the official website of the scheme at https://nfbs.upsdc.gov.in/.
- State-Level Authority: For matters at the state level, you can get in touch with the Department of Social Welfare, Uttar Pradesh, at the following address: Department of Social Welfare, 5th Floor, Indira Bhawan, Ashok Marg, Lucknow – 226001. You can also reach them by phone at: 0522-2286199 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Toll-Free Helpline: For immediate assistance, you can dial the toll-free helpline number: 1800-180-5129. This helpline is accessible from both landline and mobile phones and provides assistance in Hindi or English. It operates from 10 am to 6 pm on all working days.
FAQs- UP Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana:
Q1: What is the Uttar Pradesh Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana?
A1: The Uttar Pradesh Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana is a social welfare scheme launched by the Uttar Pradesh Government to provide financial assistance to families in the below-poverty line (BPL) category in the event of the death of the primary breadwinner due to natural or accidental causes.
Q2: Who is eligible for this scheme?
A2: Eligibility criteria include being a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh, the primary breadwinner’s death due to natural or accidental causes, the deceased head’s age between 18 to 60 years, and the family’s income falling below specified limits.
Q3: How much financial assistance is provided under this scheme?
A3: The scheme provides a lump sum amount of Rs. 30,000 to eligible families within 45 days of the death of the primary bread earner.
Q4: How can I apply for the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana?
A4: To apply for the scheme, visit the official website at https://nfbs.upsdc.gov.in/, register, complete the online application form with required details, upload necessary documents, and submit the application.
Q5: What are the key documents required for application?
A5: Key documents include Aadhar card, identity card, address proof, death certificate of the earner, income certificate, bank account passbook, mobile number, age certificate of the head, and a passport-size photo.
Q6: Are cooperative bank accounts accepted under this scheme?
A6: No, cooperative bank accounts are not considered valid for the Rashtriya Parivarik Labh Yojana.
Q7: Is there a helpline for assistance with the scheme?
A7: Yes, there is a toll-free helpline number, 1800-180-5129, available from 10 am to 6 pm on all working days for assistance in Hindi or English.